Wednesday 24 August 2011

Hello brand spanking new entry! Welcome to my mind.

Today I woke up and thought, shit I love music!

So, why don't I share my love with other people? And now here I am. Writing and sharing with you.

A little bit about me, I was born in Canada, lived in the States, then to New zealand for 10 years and in June moved to Sydney, Australia, where the music scene is worse than a pile of dried up dog crap. Im willing to be proved wrong.

Coming from small NZ where the music scene is pretty big and amazing to shitty house tracks and gashy hardcore dubstep being played in all the clubs, I choose my computer and internet.

So today I am going to start with....



MUSIC FACT OF THE DAY, TODAY #1


In 1969 Patti Smith met renowned poet Allen Ginsberg at The Automat in New York City where he mistook her for a boy and bought her a sandwhich. He then realized she was just an androgynous looking woman and that what he had planned wasn't going to happen.

I read about this in Patti Smith's novel, 'Just Kids', which is one of the best books I have read and well worth the read.

Patti Smith in all her amazingness


This song is 'Gloria' and it is from Smith's 1975 album Horses. It is based on Morrison's tune Gloria but the lyrics are reinvented to the new punk movement and Smtih's obvious talent for poetry. This version uses only the origional chorus and has the sickest intro.. "Jesus died for somebody's sins/ but not mine".

What a god damned intro.

No comments:

Post a Comment